Friday, July 11, 2008

Looking into oovoo for video chat and conferencing

I am downloading oovoo as I write this blog post from scribefire. I am a fan of skype so I am curious to see how oovoo compares. As a person constantly on the hunt for the best educational technology to enhance distance learning, I look forward to checking it out. A few things I am looking for include, ease of use, set-up, functionality, and how seamlessly it can be integrated into an LMS. Group work is a big deal at the university and if oovoo makes it easy for a group to have a free video conference online, then that would be helpful. Currently Skype only allows 1 to 1 video chatting and a 10 person audio only conference call feature.

From the website:

Free Video Chat and Video Conferencing from ooVoo
ooVoo is the next evolution in online communication — a remarkably easy way to have a face-to-face video chat with friends, family or colleagues, no matter where they are in the world.

ooVoo Video Chat is remarkably easy to use: easy to download, easy to install, and best of all:
it's FREE!


[screenshot of oovoo]

1 comment:

Peter D. Csathy said...

Terence,
I am the CEO of SightSpeed. Check us out at www.sightspeed.com and tell me what you think.

Peter Csathy
CEO
SightSpeed
pcsathy@sightspeed.com