Thursday, November 13, 2008

GMAIL just got cooler -- Video Chatting!

Just when I didn't think gmail could get any better, they go and add video chatting inside of gmail. As an elearning professional, I love the concept. Communicating online is a huge part of the learning process and humanizing and centralizing our modes of communication makes it that much more effective. If I were the CIO of a university or company, I would definitely explore using GMAIL apps as the communication centerpiece of my organization. I'd also try to meet with reps from google to push the envelope and build a full scale Learning management system. Also, I could see this having some huge implications for Google's open source Android mobile phone operating system and the enhancement of mobile learning. Check out this vid and try it out. Let us know what you think of it.

No comments: