Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I'm Presenting at the 2009 Sloan-C/Moodle Moot Conference

Just a quick update to let you know that I am presenting at the Sloan-C/MoodleMoot 2009 Conference in San Francisco, CA.  I am in San Francisco right now and enjoying the area.  This is my first time in California. It's a bit chillier than I thought it would be ( high 60's) compared to Ohio (80's).  I'm looking forward to the conference as there are quite a few presentations that interest me.   Here is info about my presentation. Feel free to contact me if you are at the conference.

TITLE: 
University 2.0: Open source as a cornerstone

PRESENTERS:
Amanda Rondeau, Director, Emerging Academic Technologies Distributed Education and Instructional Technology Office of the Senior Vice President & Provost, University of Minnesota
Terence Armentano, Assistant Director, Center for Online and Blended Learning, Bowling Green State University
Marc Oehlman, Interim Director, Center for Academic Technology, CSU Monterey Bay
Andrew Roderick, Technology Development Manager, Academic Technology, San Francisco State University

DESCRIPTION:
As budgets decrease, the use of open source software for enterprise-level applications has increased within higher education. This session will examine current open-source development and integration projects at four different campuses and strategies each campus has implemented related to teaching and learning, technology management, and organizational administration.



No comments: