Wednesday, January 23, 2013

LearnDash - The New WordPress LMS

I'm really looking forward to a new Premium Plugin for WordPress called LearnDash that essentially transforms your WordPress install into a Learning Management System. I've worked with many LMS"s over the years such as Blackboard, Moodle, Sakai, Angel, and Canvas. Each LMS has their pros and cons. The key to a good LMS is a very simple intuitive interface, excellent collaboration tools,  assignment managers, and a simple yet powerful Grade Book.  I'm looking forward to piloting the LearnDash Plugin on my own site as WordPress is my favorite CMS so being able to use it to teach a class would be awesome.  LearnDash features I'm looking forward to most are:

  • Quizzes
  • Communication Features
  • Certificates
  • Run Reports

2 comments:

Justin Ferriman said...

Hi-
And thank you for the blog post. I sincerely hope that you have had a chance to check out LearnDash...and more importantly, the upcoming enhancements we have planned. Please let me know if you have specific questions.

Regards,
Justin Ferriman
Founder, LearnDash

Lillian J. Turner said...
This comment has been removed by the author.